HDHomeRun CONNECT 4K Development Edition Upgrade
HDHomeRun 4K Development Edition Upgrade
Upgrade your HDHomeRun CONNECT 4K to the Development Edition
The Development Edition comes with developer firmware so you can dig into the internals of ATSC 3.0 protocols, replay ATSC 3.0 protocol captures, develop ATSC 3.0 overlay apps, etc.
The HDHR5-4K DEV model has additional features for development and tinkering if you want to do more than watch TV. Only useful for developers.
The DEV firmware supports the following formats transferred with a simple curl/wget command (no software required):
- Real-time capture of ALP packets to an ALP PCAP file.
- Real-time capture of IPv4 packets to an IPv4 PCAP file.
- Real-time IPv4 multicast packet forwarding to the local network.
- Real-time IPv4 targeted packet forwarding to the local network.
- Real-time TAR file containing DASH files from DASH/ROUTE.
- Real-time TAR file containing DASH files converted from MMTP.
- Real-time TS generation from DASH/ROUTE content.
- Real-time TS generation from MMTP content.
ALP and IPv4 PCAP files can be opened and examined in Wireshark. (Silicondust has submitted an ALP protocol decoder to the Wireshark code base).Model no: HDHR5-4K-DEV-UPGRADE